Frequently Asked Questions


For your convenience we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions. We hope this is helpful. If you do not find your answer here, please call us at 651.772.2202.  We will be happy to address your specific needs.

What if I cannot make my full tax payment?

Making a Federal payment: If you are not able to make your full payment by the due date, please visit the following website for more information on setting up an installment agreement.

Making a Minnesota payment: Visit the following website to learn more about making a partial payment if you are unable to pay your entire tax amount that is due.

Can I pay my taxes by credit card?

Making a Federal payment:
You can pay your taxes via credit or debit card, but it comes with a fee.  Visit the following website to find out more about this.,,id=101316,00.html

You can also set up an electronic funds transfer (EFTPS). Visit the following website to find out more about this.

Making a Minnesota payment:
Visit the following website to learn more about paying your Minnesota taxes by credit card.

How long should I keep my tax records?

We recommend keeping your records for 6 years, but you can find out more information on particular documents by visiting:

What do I need to bring for the preparation of my taxes?

We provide “Organizers” upon request either via your online access portal or the U.S. Postal Service.  If you are new to our firm, you can find a more generalized organizer under the "Forms for Individuals" section of the left sidebar.  Many clients find this helpful in gathering documents for your tax preparation. We suggest you use this as a guide or checklist. If you have had significant changes occur (such as becoming a parent, the sale or purchase of property, or retirement), please bring your documentation with you. We are always available to answer any questions you may have.

Can you send my tax return to a 3rd party for me?

Legally, we can ONLY send your tax return or any other personal information to a 3rd party if we have our authorization form signed by you (and your spouse if applicable) first. We provide a copy of your tax return when we prepare it and can also upload your tax return to your secure online client access portal for an electronic version. We need written consent to send anything to anyone other than yourself.  There is also a charge to provide additional copies of tax returns or to forward them on to a 3rd party.  Accessing your tax returns 24/7 via your online client access portal is completely free. This law is to protect the taxpayer and your personal information.

What should I do if I receive a notice from Internal Revenue Service or a notice from the state?

Please let us know as soon as possible. We will need to see a copy of the notice to investigate why you received it. This can be faxed, e-mailed, mailed, or dropped off (we have a 24/7 secure drop box outside our office).

How do I go about seeing if I receive a property tax refund or not?

Send us a copy of your current property tax statement (typically sent out in the Spring) and we will check to see if you qualify for a property tax refund. The deadline is August 15th of the following year that your statement is dated (e.g. You have until April 15, 2016 to determine if you receive a property tax refund from your 2015 property tax statement). These refunds are sent out after August 15th , typically late September or early October. You can also track this refund online at

Where is my refund?

To check the status of your refund with the federal government, you will need your social security number, filing status, and the amount of your refund. Once you have this information, you can check on your refund at the following site's-My-Refund-It's-Quick,-Easy,-and-Secure.   

To check the status of your Minnesota refund, you will need your social security number and the amount of your refund. Once you have this information, please go to the following site to check on the status

Now showing items 1 - 8 of 8 entries.